Background

Monday, February 11, 2013

Palm Springs Trip 02/09/13

The Hubs and I have not taken some "us" time in a very long time, and we havent been back "home" to visit family in an even longer time, so we combined the two and had a quick 3 day weekend getaway to Palm Springs where I grew up. Here the city of Indio pops out of nowhere...almost there...
 

Still not a fan of all the windmills everywhere...


Oh yeah, and still not a fan of the sand blizzards, those I do not miss!!


As is our luck a storm was moving in on the day we arrived... 
 

When we go to Grandmas I always sleep in Grandpas room, where I am out like a light and sleep like a baby. She had the photo quilt on the bed this time, I made this for them years ago...


The next morning we awoke to a gorgoeus day!
 

No trip to PS is ever complete without breakfast at Billy Reeds...
Where a cinnamon roll is an absolute must! I grew up on these babies and we always bring a bunch home, Billy Reeds has the best!! Oh and the home fries were pretty darn good this trip.


Grandma and I...


Also in town was the "Tour de Palm Springs"..I cant believe they let us drive down the road with them instead of closing off the roads...made me a wee bit nervous. 


Tourist time for The Hubs and I, only 2 things we wanted to do besides family visting.... 
Tour Ruddy's General Store...
Where my favorite part was his pharmacy collection...beyond neat to see!!! 
 

Of course we had to check out the soap display...


Second on the agenda was the huge Marilyn Monroe statue on display for a year in Palm Springs, that was a site to see...I am so dwarfed by her.


The Tour de Palm Springs finish line was right there, so we watched a few riders come in.


And that concludes our trip, we enjoyed getting away and seeing our loved ones.


A side note on our trip....my grandma has been feeding the same stray cats for 13 years now...started out as a momma and 5 babies, only 2 babies left after all these years, they are scared of their own shadow and you cannot get near them but they get their dry food at night and she gives them warmed milk in the morning, she cracks me up.
 

No comments: