Background

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Making Sample Soaps

I am making sample soaps which I havent done in a while, so I made calendula as my first batch, I measured my calendula to add in at trace....


Poured into my molds, I did one as the sample bars and one regular loaf...



 The next day when I go to cut the bars...I remember my log splitter had broken wires, no instructions but I am determined to figure this out, it is just guitar wires...


I know the end piece goes into this piece on the bottom as the anchor... 


Then it threads up top and gets wound around the top pieces that spin it tight...but I had issues with this and 2 hands werent enough, but I tried my best...


Then when I tried to snip off the excess wire the pliers got stuck closed on the wire instead of snipping it off...so here is where I gave up and made do to fix later when The Hubs got home..


So with one string still missing I ran it through....turned it around and ran it through to cut the other side to get my four mini logs lol...


...Last step is the mini cutter....and voila I soon have over 60 sample bars.






1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Love your idea for the soap cutter, so creative! :)