Background

Monday, August 13, 2012

Lentil Loaf

Again with my "Forks Over Knives" book. :) Plus I wanted to show you what I do with most of my books that I like to have open flat, I take them to Office Max and for around $4 they will cut the spine off and make them spiral bound.


For the second recipe I tried, "Lentil Loaf". While my lentil beans were cooking I prepared all the veggies...carrots, red onion, italian parsely, garlic, oats (I like the gluten free) and walnuts.

I put everything above plus the lentils into my new handy dandy food processor...OMG why have I not bought one of these before. I LOVE it!!!!!



Then I pressed into loaf pans...and here I cheated a bit on the "healthiness" of the recipe and did my usual meatloaf topping of ketchup and brown sugar...I know so bad, yet so yummy!!!!

I then baked at 350 for 50 minutes. I liked this recipe...wont lie as I didnt love it, but I liked it better in the days after, for me this wasnt so great on the day it was baked, but maybe I didnt cook it long enough...or too much? I found it mushy on the first day and much more firm in the days after. I think it would be fabulous made into a sandwich or in a pita pocket, for me the texture just seemed off.

Anyone made a lentil loaf before have any tips for what I can do to improve?



1 comment:

Sedona Soapworks said...

I love your idea of spiral binding cookbooks - it would make it so much easier!