Background

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Scouffins

What is a "Scouffin" you ask? Well it is a cross between a scone and a muffin.

Now why would you make that you ask?? Well it wasn't on purpose. I had 2 recipes planned for the day...strawberry scones and blueberry lime muffins. Somewhere along the way my recipes got switched on the counter. As I was adding the wet ingredients I realized I hadnt put in the sugar and wondered how I missed that when adding the dry ingredients...this should have been my first clue that something was wrong...but I paid no attention and instead mixed away....as I tried to plop these onto the pan I thought hmmm shouldnt these be stiffer on the pan....second warning not heeded....



Check out the flattened scones...oh yes something is wrong, so I checked my recipe(s) and discovered what I had done, so the remainder of the batch went into muffin tins.



I have to say the end result...pretty darn tasty!!

So here are the orginal recipes...Apricot Yogurt Scones and Blackberry Lime muffins.

And here is the recipe I ended up with...
First off I didnt think I would like apricot so I subbed fresh strawberries.

This was used from the scone recipe...
1-1/4 cup fresh strawberries diced up
2 cups gluten free flour
1 TBL baking powder
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
5 TBL butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Here are the items I accidently switched from the muffin recipe...
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 oil

Put in muffin tins was a better option for obvious reasons, baked at 400 for 17 minutes or so.
Luckily not a total disaster, just a fun edible disaster. :)

So tell me...you have done something similar...right?? lol



 

No comments: