Earth day was founded by United States Senator Gaylord Nelson on April 22, 1970 and went international in 1990.
So what can you do?
· Avoid buying bottled water and buy a reusable water bottle to refill from home
· Turn off the lights when you leave a room
· Start a compost in your backyard
· Lower your thermostat
· Ride a bike to work
· Utilize your public library instead of buying books
· Reuse plastic grocery sacks for trash can liners and/or doggie and litterbox poop bags
· Bring your own bags to the grocery store
· Do full loads of laundry
· Take a shower instead of a bath
· Run your dishwasher only when it is full
What are some of your Earth Day everyday tips?