Background

Monday, January 17, 2011

Hot Process Soap...

...I have to say...not really a fan.

I like the process of it, and to me it really seems a lot like the process for liquid soap. I do hate though that each time I have done the hot process method it has boiled over in my oven no matter how much I hover over it. Not a lot, but enough that will stink and smoke your house out when you forget to clean it out and your daughter comes unknowingly behind you and heats the oven up to cook pizza...P...U!!!!

What I dont like is the end result. I will just say it right here..out loud...I am a soap snob and I love cold process soap...period.

So here is my result, I really dont like the uneven feeling texture. Now yes on a previous trial in a log mold I did get a more packed soap than this one that was poured into a slab mold and smooshed down as best I could, but it just feels different....



The top of the soap which was packed into the bottom of the mold is smooth enough....but the bottom of the soap is just not finished enough for my taste...

...And I am just not a fan....so in the free bucket at work these go.

1 comment:

Desert Soapstone said...

I'm with you on the hot process/cold process. I like cp way better. A smooth texture is a very nice thing if you make decorative soap. I am not a fan of hp either!