Background

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Coupons

I really think I must have an over obsessive nature. I cannot seem to like one thing at a time...and then I cant just "like" them...I have to obsessively jump in. So my newest on top of bath/body and card making is coupons!

I looked at couponsense.com, and signed up for the $4 trial month, but The Hubs reasonably explained you are trying to SAVE money here. So after checking it out for the month I did go ahead and cancel as I have the basic gist of the concept.

There are many places to get coupons, the Sunday paper being a main source....but did you know those coupons are online?? Just have to know where to look.

Also...did you know...you can "download" coupons directly onto your store savings card? The first one I have tried is Frys, used it today for the first time and it worked GREAT!! I did also have some other coupons that I had clipped...and the bonus savings is buying products while they are on sale.

So here are examples of the best savings on todays trip....

Cascasde -
Price 8.99 - In store savings(3.00)- Extra Coupon (0.50) - Total Cost 5.49

Wisp toothbrushes 4 pack
Price 2.39 - Extra Coupon (0.75) - Total Cost 1.64
(the 2 packs were on sale for $1 ea, this 4 pack came out cheaper than if you bought 2 of the 2 packs)

Oatmeal
Price 3.29 - In store savings(1.30)- Extra Coupon (1.00) - Total Cost 0.99

The following 4 were buy 4 save $4.00
Dawn Foaming Action - Total Cost 0.99
Price 4.29 - In store savings(1.80)- Extra Coupon (.50)- Bonus (1.00)

Crest - Total Cost 0.50
Price 3.29 - In store savings(.79)- Extra Coupon (1.00)- Bonus (1.00)

Aussie Shampoo - Total Cost 1.99
Price 4.79 - In store savings(1.80)- Bonus (1.00)

Aussie Conditioner - Total Cost 1.99
Price 4.79 - In store savings(1.80)- Bonus (1.00)

The following 2 were the best deal of all today. I had a coupon that if you bought an Aussie or herbal essence product, you got a styling product for FREE. Did you know...because I did not until today...they take off the ORIGNAL PRICE?!

Aussie Gel - Total Cost (1.20)
Price 4.19 - In store savings(1.20)- Bonus (4.19)

Aussie 3 Minute - Total Cost (1.20)
Price 4.19 - In store savings(1.20)- Bonus (4.19)

Thats right, the last 2 items they actually PAID ME! WOW!

So my total trip
Cost $85.92
In store savings (24.72)
Coupons (17.93)
I paid 43.27!

Stay tuned for more shopping trips and where to find these coupons...

No comments: