Background

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cake Pops

If you have not heard of cake pops...well then you have been living under the same rock as I have.
I always tend to run behind on trends, and I guess these were all the rage a couple years ago, ala Bakerella, who has a fabulous website.

I wanted to make some treats for my booth mates...(only a couple took some...hmm wonder if I will bake for them again!) :(

But my family and I sure enjoyed the left overs! I think my grandson ate the majority, they were just wonderful!! They are quite messy to make in the begining part, and I honestly think I will forgo the popsicle sticks next time. But it was a fun treat! I will be making more later this month for my co-workers....they at least enjoy my treats.

You start by baking your cake. Nothing fancy as you will be smushing it up to mix with a jar of premade frosting. Then you roll into balls...the messy part! We used Red Velvet cake and cream cheese frosting.





Then you put lollipop sticks in them...but I think I will skip this part next time and just make cake balls rather than cake pops.



Then you freeze for a couple hours, dip into chocolate to coat....and decorate as you wish! We used the candy melts to dip in, but I think next time I will melt chocolate chips down.




These are seriously yummy...and you cant eat just one!

1 comment:

Julie Davison said...

I have made these before, but never on a stick! I love that twist and will definitely try it next time!