Background

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome to Luster Canyon

I have very sensitive skin, so in my quest for milder products I fell in love with the process of making bath and body products for myself. I started with a simple lotion bar recipe, then tried lip balms for my daughter, after that I was intrigued with creating lotion, and have now broadened to soap making.

My products, although made with a lot of natural ingredients, are not considered as “all natural”. In my opinion, unless absolutely everything in your product has grown on a tree or in the ground…it is not “all natural”. Some items need a preservative, some are flavored/scented and/or colored and of course sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide are used in making soap. However all of my products are handcrafted from scratch.

At Luster Canyon, Inc. we use quality ingredients, beginning our soap recipes with a variety of vegetable oils such as Coconut, Olive and Palm. We then add specialty oils and butters, that when combined together bring all the best qualities to your completed bar of soap. Fragrance oils or essential oils are sometimes added for scent, and for color or design; we use cosmetic-grade micas, pigments, dyes and natural herbs and spices.For those with allergies or sensitivities, we can also make a more basic soap with no additional additives or scents.

We handcraft a variety of products including:
  • Soaps
  • Lotions
  • Creams
  • Whipped Body Butter
  • Bath Fizzies
  • Sugared Body Scrubs
  • Lip Balms
  • Arnica Sore Muscle Rub

Check our etsy shop out.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7767149

No comments: